Every racing Driver would like to win on the circuit of Monaco which is the slowest and hardest of all the circuits. The driver that actually wins the Monaco Grand Prix really deserves it because even a little error along the streets could end up being fatal. The number of drivers abandoning their cars are high but having good control over their cards can make sure that there is a place for them due to the points they are given.
Here are some fascinating facts about the Monaco Grand Prix:
- Monaco is actually the second smallest country in the world and it only takes about an hour to walk the width of this country and the Monaco Grand Prix is the most glittering event of the year there.
- Monaco has one of the biggest populations in the world, at over 16000 people per squared kilometre.
- Monaco is famous for the famous Casino yet the residents of Monaco are never allowed to gamble or even to go into the Casino. The Casino has been shown on the film, Never Say Never Again with James Bond 007. It has also been featured in Casino Royale and Goldeneye.
- The Monaco Grand Prix has been going since 1929 and it takes a long six weeks to put the circuit together and then three weeks to remove it all.
- The Monaco Grand Prix is the most glamorous race on the calendar and it is held on the streets of Monte Carlo.
- There are many changes of gears for the drivers and in total the fear changes are 54 times each lap.
- The circuit is the shortest track and is 260.520km. The circuit is very narrow so you can almost touch the cars as they go by.
This Grand Prix event is a world known race and every year thousands of people take to the streets of Monaco to watch it. It fascinates young and old alike and you are sure to see many famous faces in the crowds. It really is a jewel of a race where the cars speed along the circuit at over 100 mph.When the cars get off the start line, they then go for a climb up towards the Casino. Then they head down the hill and veer towards the harbour. There the track goes alongside the water where the luxury white yachts are bobbing about on the crystal blue sea. They then go onto the pit.